PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pencil Sharpener - Saving My Sanity

I have had a tough time with electric pencil sharpeners.  A year ago, I had back to back sharpeners burn out on me.  When it did work, the students would complain that it was only partially sharp, or they would break with their first stroke of the pencil.


This year, we didn't go through a whole lot, however, I had students waste time, because they wanted to use their lead pencils or their personal pencil sharpeners.  


Well. I don't know why I waited so long to try this wonderful tool.  I was sent a Groovy Green pencil sharpener, from Troy Decoff of Classroom Friendly Supplies to try out, and... guess what? I finally found the only sharpener I will ever use in the classroom.  No more motor burn out, no time wasted with refilling of lead pencils, gone are the days of sharpening with a "little cute panda bear"  pencil sharpener.


I decided to get "The World's Best Pencil" Ticonderoga and test it out.  You can see it is so amazingly sharp, and ready for use.


This sharpener is quiet and easy to use. (It is, virtually green, since it's a manual crank)  I'll be using it to stock up on my sharp pencil basket when we start up again this August.  


If you get one it will be one of the best classroom tools you invest in.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to get me one of these! It is amazing how many teachers blogs have referred to this pencil sharpener. I've got to see it to believe it. lol

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a dream. I would use your class money or have PTO/PTA pay for it. I'm still in shock on how great it works.

      Delete
  2. Don't you love it!!! I bought one in the spring and it just puts my electric pencil sharpener to shame!
    Ms. A
    Oceans of First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love, love, love it. I couldn't believe how quite and quick it was.

      Lorena

      Delete
  3. I keep hearing about these & I want one SO bad!! I think I'm going to have to break down & invest in one this summer. :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won one a while ago and absolutely love it!!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    PS I'm having a linky and would love for you to join!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete