PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 11, 2012

My Summer Bucket List! Linky Party ~ Hadar, April and Teri are having a linky party!
1. I would love to finally make my library organized and user friendly. I'll have the tools for the project after the school year starts but I can begin to sort and level all the books this summer. Here are a wonderful Pinterest idea.
2. I have a rocking chair waiting to be painted and made classroom ready since last summer. My hope is that I can work on it and have it ready to go in the Fall.
3. I must organize my files. I have the materials to do it, I just never seem to have the time to get it done.
4. I'll also being doing a lot of playing with my little boy. I have already made him a water sensory tub, he loves it.
It looks like this one from Etsy. I'll also be looking on TpT and the many blogs out there for early learner activities.
5. Also some summer reading. This year was a bit tough since some of the students found it difficult to be caring and respectful towards each other and I thought that this book might help with next year's class.
6. My hope is that my husband and I can relax, enjoy our family and last but not least recover from surgery. He will be having some dental work and I'll be going under the knife.
7. While enjoying bed rest I hope to get acquainted with my blog and making some freebies. It was pretty great to get nominated for fascinating teaching blog, considering I have been away too long. I actually couldn't remember the post,Team Building Ideas, that got me the nomination and so it has reminded me I have a lot to share. I just need to make time to share it.
Accelerated Degree Programs
Remember voting starts on May 14th.

16 comments:

  1. That kitten is going to be me ALL SUMMER LONG!! lol! Thanks for linking up Lorena :)

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having the linky party! I know other professions are tough but I know teachers need all summer long to re-energize, physically and mentally. :)

      Delete
  2. I need to get my books organized too!
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to make a rocking chair for my classroom also!
    I am your newest follower!
    Have a wonderful summer!
    :)
    Tamera

    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain with the books...after 6 years in Kindergarten I am still trying to find the perfect organization for mine!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel you about your class not being respectful and caring - mine too. That's definitely something I need to focus on next year!

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that kitten is adorable!! I just want to take it right out of the picture!! ;) Thank you for linking up!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. That kitten is adorable!

    I have TONS and TONS of activities I need to organize!

    If you want to read a good book about helping your kiddos be more kind, helpful, and respectful Conscious Discipline is amazing! I share about it on my blog and am going to try and do a book study with it this summer.

    I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,
      Thank you for the recommendation on the book. I'll be visiting your site and trying to get the scoop on it.

      Lorena

      Delete
  8. Yes, I am working on my filing cabinets this summer too, inside and out!!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's to a successful surgery. I have been on recovery leave since February (yuck). I know how daunting it can be to face the knife and that LONG road back to feeling good again. So . . . here's a little cyber hug to wish you well! Glad I found you :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley,
      Thank you. I hope I will have a speedy recovery. I am off to check out your blog.

      Lorena

      Delete