PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Team Building Ideas

So many linky parties!  This one is on Classroom Team Building and is hosted by




I love to play MOVE IF so the students get to know a bit about each other while getting active.  Here is a video I found that shows kids playing this fun game.  The person who is it says, "Move if ..."  and all the players move if what was said applies to them.  Have all the kids sit in a circle.  They must move two chairs away from their last spot, so they can't just move one seat over.  You need to have enough chairs for everyone except the person who is the caller (It).

My students start off with these calls:
Move if you have black on.  Move if you are in the second grade.

Then I have them add things like - Move if you have seen the movie Cars 2.  Move if you have a sister.   That way they get to learn a bit about each other.





4 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this. Great extension of the musical chair concept. So happy you joined my Teambuilding Linky.
    I'll email you your freebie! Enjoy it.

    Denise
    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pirate blog!!!! We are doing a pirate theme this year. I would love to see some of your ideas. Are you planning to share any of those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping to get to my class again this coming week. It is a bit of a mess but I can try and get some pictures of the pirate items I have up.

    ReplyDelete