PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer!

We are finally out for the summer. I have a to do list a mile long and we are dealing with rainy weather but I'm so excited to start my summer.


I brought my rolling cart home with many things I need to work on.

1. New science materials, National Geographic. Is anyone else using these materials?


2. Common Core Math Standards. Something new and so I have to dive into our Expressions math materials and see where I need to fill in the gaps.

3. Common Core Standards in Language Arts and in Writing. I need to see what I already have, need to create or purchase.


4. The wonderful Daily 5. I want to use it along with our reading program. I have been putting it off for a couple years since I did SFA last year and they were going to go to SFA at this school. But with no money we will keep what we have and I can try the Daily 5.


5. Whole Brain Teaching- I tried a few of the components this year and I would like to start it from the very beginning.


6. Rearrange my classroom. I have a huge class but I'm not happy with the arrangement.

Besides doing all this great planning I need to finish my masters. I'm also glad I have some time to blog.

2 comments:

  1. We have Expressions too and we are also starting Common Core in Math and Language Arts this year. Would love to work with you on this. I live in WV.
    Tammy Daniels
    Tam118dans@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Summer Vacation, Lorena! We are still in for a few weeks (blah) but I am happy for you!! Sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things planned, good luck, enjoy, and have fun!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete