PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mother's Day Gift

I need to vent just a bit.

We only have 23 school days left. Which is great! Unfortunately I have so many "trainings" to go to and I have to do my practicum class for my masters program so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Okay with that out of the way, here is a craft I love.

Well this year I will not be able to make what I like to make for Mother's Day. It is bad planning on my part, but I thought I'd share. It isn't a new idea, I've had the kids make them for several years.

Bath Salts for Mom.


I use either baby food jars or Starbucks coffee bottles. I take the labels off and the kids mix the bath salt, baking soda and essential oil. Last but not least they add food coloring. They have a blast and then they get to choose their colors when they fill the bottle up. I like to layer them like sand art. But my kids seem to love it all mixed up. We attach a little poem and instructions with a ribbon.


It never occurred to me to take a picture of our finished project so I hope the above pictures help you visualize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment